RN, High Acuity Unit
Posted on: Apr 21st 2022
Job Number: 1879 RPT
Hours per Week: Regular Part-time
Application Deadline: Jun 17th 2022
The Registered Nurse (RN) practices in accordance within relevant legislation/standards, meeting the legal and ethical requirements of the profession.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses (CNO) as a
Registered Nurse required.
- Experience in a Medical/Surgical or Telemetry required; experience in an ICU, CCU, Step Down or Coronary Care Unit will be of an asset
- Current BCLS required
- Current ACLS or commitment to complete within three (3) months of hire.
- CC1 and CC2 or commitment to complete within twelve (12) months of hire
- Completion of NVCI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention or MOAB training or equivalent
- Certificate in Gentle Persuasive approach preferred
- Completion of Critical Care Certificate (preferred) or commitment to completion within 1 year
Skills and Abilities
- IV therapy initiation and maintenance (parenteral therapy)
- E.C.G. interpretation preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical skills and professional leadership capabilities with a focus on collaborative teamwork, patient flow and quality improvements
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter-professional team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients, family and staff
- Good working knowledge of Electronic Documentation
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- It is the responsibility of all employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. There is the expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts (days, evenings, nights).
Wages: $33.90 to $48.53 /hour plus 13% in lieu of benefits (9% if in HOOPP)_ONA collective agreement
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to save their resume and cover letter as (Last Name, First Name_cover/resume).
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A human resources representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
As part of our mandatory screening process, the Hospital will required professional references, verification of academic training and professional accreditation along with a current vulnerable sector screening check.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.