Stevenson Memorial Hospital (Stevenson) is located in the community of Alliston, in the Town of New Tecumseth, Ontario. Situated one hour north of downtown Toronto, this fully accredited hospital offers 41 inpatient beds and a wide range of outpatient services. Stevenson serves a catchment area that includes Adjala-Tosorontio, Canadian Forces Base Borden, Essa, Innisfil and New Tecumseth.
Stevenson dates back to 1928, when donations from T.P. Loblaw, of the famed Loblaws grocery chain, conceived the idea of a hospital as a tribute to his grandparents, William and Elizabeth Stevenson.
A lot has changed since then. Today the hospital is in a period of growth and opportunity. Stevenson is embarking on a redevelopment plan that would see the facility expand to over twice its current size. Our Emergency Department was built in 1964 to serve 7,000 patients in a year and we now serve almost 40,000 patients annually.
Here are some of our achievements:
Our goal as a community hospital is to provide quality patient care that meets the needs of our growing community. We are developing a strong vision for the future of Stevenson Memorial Hospital, centered on a revitalized hospital, cutting-edge equipment, and comfortable, modern space for patients and families to receive health care close to home.