Patient Declaration of Values
The newly legislated Excellent Care for All Act (ECFAA) in Ontario requires all hospitals to develop a Patient Declaration of Values statement. The intent is to grow and communicate a culture of continuous quality improvement in health care, making sure that the needs of patients are clear and collaborative.
Stevenson is committed to recognizing the importance of patient-centered care and the voice of our patients - the driving force behind everything that we do. We are committed to the delivery of safe, quality care, and believe we must work together to ensure the best possible outcomes at every stage of your healthcare journey.
Our Commitment to Our Patients
- Acknowledge the uniqueness of each individual patient by ensuring they are involved in decisions affecting their health and well-being.
- Provide consistent respectful care and support to patients and their family members.
- Expectations are consistently met and even exceeded by delivering care that follows the highest ethics, principles and standards.
- Work with our community partners to coordinate a continuum of care that continues even after a patient has been discharged.
- Transparency and accountably in all that we do.
Your Commitment and Responsibilities as a Patient
- Actively participate with staff and physicians in your treatment and rehabilitation the best you can.
- Provide accurate and complete information about any past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters related to your health.
- Inform your health care provider if you do not understand your treatment plan or what you are expected to do.
- Inform your health care provider if there is a change in your condition or if problems/concerns arise during treatment.
- Be courteous and considerate of other patients, families, staff, physicians, students and volunteers.
- Be respectful of hospital property; observe hospital rules and regulations.
- Be sure to make arrangements for discharge when your physician determines the discharge is appropriate.
- Respect the Hospital’s infection control practices by cleaning your hands each and every time you enter and exit the Hospital, and when entering and exiting a patient’s room.
We Champion your care ... every step of the way.