Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT)
Posted on: Jun 8th 2022
Job Number: 1933 CPT
Hours per Week: Casual Part-time
Application Deadline: Nov 25th 2022
Contributes to the promotion and treatment of health conditions by performing laboratory test requests ordered by physicians ensuring optimum patient care.
The MLT must be knowledgeable and practice in accordance with the Medical Laboratory Technology regulatory bodies including, CMLTO, Institute for Quality Management in Healthcare (IQMH), and Hospital regulations and policies
Qualifications and Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to utilize lab and hospital software systems.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical skills and professional leadership capabilities with a focus on collaborative teamwork, patient flow and quality improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage stressful work environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and willingness to be flexible to meet department needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for protocol, professionalism and confidentiality.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts.
Wages: $37.50/hr - $46.02/hr (based on experience) plus 12% in lieu of benefits (or 8% if in HOOPP) in accordance with the OPSEU collective agreement.
Other: All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination (two doses) unless provided with a medical exemption or an accomodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
As part of our mandatory screening process, the Hospital will require professional references, verification of academic training and professional accreditation along with a current vulnerable sector screening check.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.