Ultrasound Technologist, Casual Part-time
Posted on: Jan 4th 2022
Job Number: 1793
Application Deadline: May 31st 2022
Contributes to the promotion and treatment of health conditions by ultrasound procedures in accordance with departmental standards to aid in patient’s diagnosis and/or treatment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate of a recognized ultrasound program, which is acknowledged by Sonography Canada
- Member in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO) is mandatory
- 1-2 years’ current experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer preferred
- Credentials in Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN), Abdomen (ABD), Vascular (RVT) and Musculoskeletal (MSK) would be an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize care and adapt to unexpected change in patient acuity.
- Demonstrated critical thinking decision making skills.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- Interest in and ability to learn new skills
- Displays and participates in team concept.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and willingness to be flexible to meet department needs.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. There is the expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts.
Wages: $34.60 to $46.02 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits (8% if in HOOPP)
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to save their resume and cover letter as (Last Name, First Name_cover/resume).
Other Items: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A human resources representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
As part of our mandatory screening process, the Hospital will required professional references, verification of academic training and professional accreditation along with a vulnerable sector screening check.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.