Medical Radiation Technologist (CT & X-Ray), Regular Part-time
Posted on: Aug 31st 2021
Job Number: 1732
Application Deadline: Sep 30th 2021
The Medical Radiation Technologist works as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing their professional expertise to internal/external customers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Accredited Medical Radiation Technology program required
- Registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists (CMRITO) required
- OAMRS highly recommended
- Current CPR
- Contrast injection course/experience required
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of radiation safety, Health and Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and previous experience in CT preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical skills and professional leadership capabilities with a focus on collaborative teamwork, patient flow and quality improvements
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter-professional team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients, family and staff
- Good working knowledge of Electronic Documentation
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrates ALARA principles
- As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts (days, evenings, nights).
Wages: $37.13/hr - $45.56/hr (based on experience) plus 12% in lieu of benefits (or 8% if in HOOPP).
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to save their resume and cover letter as (Last Name, First Name_cover/resume).
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our mandatory screening process, Stevenson Memorial Hospital (SMH) will require professional references, verification of academic training, and professional accreditation along with a current vulnerable sector screening check.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.