What patients should bring to hospital:
- Your Ontario Health Insurance Card and all relevant private insurance information which covers semi-private or private accommodation. If you sign for an upgrade from ward accommodation and you do not have extended health insurance, you will be financially responsible for any charges incurred.
- Up-to-date list of all medication and dosages that you take on a regular basis. If you bring the medications with you to show staff, please ensure that they are taken home or sent home as soon as the nurse or physician has made a record of them. The hospital cannot be responsible for storing your medications
- Bathrobe, non-slip footwear and comfortable lounge or sleepwear
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, body lotion, shaving supplies, comb, brush, etc.
- Facial tissues and feminine sanitary products
- Notepad, pen or pencil
- Custom designed aids such as walkers and wheelchairs
- For a child - favourite toy or blanket, diapers if required
- For a newborn - diapers, sleepers and appropriate clothing for discharge
If you forget any of the above items, some are available for purchase from the Gift Shop located on the main floor.
What not to bring:
- Valuables such as jewelry, large sums of money or credit cards. Please leave these items at home or with a family member or friend. If your admission is unexpected, send valuables home with your family/friend and if you are alone, ask your nurse to place them in safe-keeping until you can arrange for someone to take the items home for you.
Although the hospital has many security features in place, please do not leave cash or valuable articles at your bedside. Stevenson Memorial Hospital cannot be responsible for personal belongings and cash that may go missing.
Upon admission, please provide the following information:
- Current home address, with postal code and telephone number
- Whether you want to allow visitors, phone calls and visits from a spiritual caregiver
- Name of a spouse, partner or next of kin and contact information
- Any allergies you have to food, medication or other substances
All personal items brought with you to hospital should be labelled with your name and phone number. Stevenson Memorial Hospital is not responsible for money or valuables brought into the hospital.