The Nurse Practitioner as a manager is responsible for the oversight and growth of the Mental Health program. He/she is responsible for establishing, monitoring and evaluating program goals. Managing effective and efficient use of resources within budget expectations. Promoting a culture of patient centered care and of continuous learning.
The Nurse Practitioner as a clinician is responsible and accountable for providing competent and compassionate care as a member of the Mental Health Team. He/she role models professional and organizational core competencies.
· Provides Mental Health risk assessment, supportive and/or goal oriented counselling an referral as required.
· Performs comprehensive assessment including client interview, physical examination and assessment of psychosocial, cultural and ethnic factors affecting patient needs.
· Uses advanced knowledge base and clinical competency and skill to assess, plan, provide and facilitate care for a specific population of patients and families in collaboration with health care team.
· Utilizes diagnostic reasoning and decision-making process to determine the need for order and interpret diagnostic tests and formulate a medical diagnosis testing to determine need.
· Initiates, orders, tailors and evaluates/discontinues selected medical and nursing therapy (including pharmacologic therapy) within the specialty scope of practice and consistent with practice guidelines and established medical directives for APN/ACNP to optimize the plan of care.
· Promotes continuity of care within the hospital and between the hospital and community by initiating and coordinating referrals for consultation for hospital and community personnel and agencies and formulating, implementing and evaluating patient discharge plans.
· Evaluates patient care outcomes and nursing practice issues to ensure the highest possible quality of care,
Education/Experience & Skills:
· Current Registration in the Extended Class without restriction and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
· Master’s Degree in Nursing or recognized equivalent required.
· Adult / Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certification required.
· C.N.A. Certification in Mental Health preferred
· Demonstrated experience working in an advanced practice role preferably in a hospital inpatient or outpatient program.
· Three to five years’ experience working in the mental health field, includes crisis intervention and working with those with serious mental illness. Experience in cognitive behavioral therapy and leading groups is preferred
· Advanced knowledge of nursing process, consultation process, program planning, nursing research methodology, discharge planning and community services
Membership in the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) and/or Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario (NPAO)
Please send a resume, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.