Posted on: Jun 8th 2022
Job Number: 1865
Hours per Week: Regular Part-time
Application Deadline: Jun 17th 2022
Provides assistance to the Cook in the preparation and service of meals to include individual preparation, assembly and serving of meals to patients, staff and other patrons as directed. Also responsible for general kitchen cleaning and stocking in addition to maintaining the dish room.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 education preferred or equivalent as recognized by the Province on Ontario, Ministry of Education
- Food Handler Training Certificate is required.
- Completed Food Service Worker Certificate required or evidence of enrollment in the Food Service Worker Certificate program at time of application with commitment to complete within two years.
- Experience with food handling in institutional kitchens required or LTC an asset.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs is required
- Experience with handling cash is an asset
- Knowledge of dietary restrictions is an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim food products
- Understand principles of stock rotations
- Ability to ensure quality
- Able to follow oral and written instructions
- Excellent customer service
- Displays and participates in team concept
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage stressful work environments
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and willingness to be flexible to meet department needs.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. There is the expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts (days, evenings). Shifts are a combination of 4, 7 and 8 hours as assigned.
Wages: $21.80/hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits (10% if in HOOPP)
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to save their resume and cover letter as (Last Name, First Name_cover/resume).
Other Items: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A human resources representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
As part of our mandatory screening process, the Hospital will required professional references, verification of academic training and professional accreditation along with a Vulnerable Sector Screen.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.