Posted on: Jun 8th 2022
Job Number: 1861 TRPT; 1913 RPT
Length of Position: March 2023
Hours per Week: Regular Part-time and Temporary Part-time
Application Deadline: Jul 4th 2022
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) practices in accordance within relevant legislation/standards, meeting the legal and ethical requirements of the profession.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses (CNO) as a
Registered Practical Nurse.
- Current BCLS required.
- CC1 or commitment to complete within six (6) months of hire
- Recent experience working in a medicine unit.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates excellent assessment skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter-professional team member in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients, family and staff.
- Good working knowledge of Electronic Documentation.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Regular Part-time Commitment: No set schedule and must be available to work the following:
- at least two (2) scheduled tours per week (12 hour shifts)
- at least one (1) weekend in two (2), where applicable this may include two (2) consecutive weekends
- all shifts (days, nights) where applicable.
Wages: $30.01 to $31.89 /hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits (10% if in HOOPP)_OPSEU collective agreement
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to save their resume and cover letter as (Last Name, First Name_cover/resume).
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A human resources representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
As part of our mandatory screening process, the Hospital will required professional references, verification of academic training and professional accreditation along with a current vulnerable sector screening check.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.