Posted on: Mar 23rd 2022
Job Number: 1856
Hours per Week: Casual Part-time
Application Deadline: Jul 4th 2022
The Physiotherapist enhances the quality of life of patients by planning and implementing individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning and cardio-respiratory health, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Physiotherapists.
- Eligible for registration with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Two years experiences with an inpatient physical therapy program.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates excellent clinical skills and professional leadership capabilities with a focus on collaborative teamwork, patient flow and quality improvements
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter-professional team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (listening, verbal and written) and public relations skills
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients, family and staff
- Good working knowledge of Electronic Documentation
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- It is the responsibility of all employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. There is the expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts.
Wages: $39.83/hr - $47.37/hr (based on experience) plus 12% in lieu of benefits (or 8% if in HOOPP).
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to save their resume and cover letter as (Last Name, First Name_cover/resume).
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A human resources representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
As part of our mandatory screening process, the Hospital will required professional references, verification of academic training and professional accreditation along with a current vulnerable sector screening check.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.