Clerk, Health Information Management, Casual and Regular Part-time
Posted on: Sep 15th 2021
Job Number: 1746 CPT; 1747 RPT
Application Deadline: Sep 30th 2021
- Responsible for all aspects of patient health record management (scanning, prepping, indexing).
- Monitors and manages the chart completion system including the physician suspension procedures and assists with ensuring the accuracy of the health records system.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient, hospital, and physician and protecting the legal interest of the patient, health care facility and the medical staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 education preferred or equivalent as recognized by the Province on Ontario, Ministry of Education.
- Completion of medical terminology course required.
- Health Information Management Program diploma an asset.
- Previous experience in a health records setting required.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Clerical skills with typing and keyboarding skills (minimum 50 wpm).
- Proven proficiency in Meditech
- Demonstrate excellence in communication, customer service focus, teamwork/collaboration, analysis/problem assessment, individual leadership and safety awareness.
- Superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for protocol, professionalism, confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize the workload and multi-task.
- Ability to work efficiently independently and in a teamwork environment.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. There is the expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts (days, evenings).
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to save their resume and cover letter as (Last Name, First Name_cover/resume).
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our mandatory screening process, Stevenson Memorial Hospital (SMH) will require professional references, verification of academic training, and professional accreditation along with a current vulnerable sector screening check.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.