Posted on: Nov 17th 2022
Job Number: 1966 RPT; 2001
Hours per Week: Regular Part-time
Application Deadline: Dec 26th 2022
As part of the interdisciplinary team, the RN is responsible and accountable for providing quality patient/family focused nursing care in accordance with the hospital’s philosophy, policies and standards of care, the College of Nurses (CNO) and all relevant legislation.
Qualifications and Experience
Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as a Registered Nurse.
Current ACLS or commitment to complete within three (3) months of hire.
CC1 and CC2 or commitment to complete within twelve (12) months of hire.
Management of Aggressive Behaviour or equivalent preferred.
Certificate in Gentle Persuasive Approach preferred.
Recent experience with inpatient medicine/surgery preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- IV therapy initiation and maintenance (parenteral therapy).
- Demonstrates excellent assessment, communication, organization, problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter-professional team member in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Demonstrates a strong abilities to facilitate patient and family-centered care and establish therapeutic relationships.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients, family and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to the professional growth and development of self and others.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for protocol, professionalism and confidentiality.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. There is the expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts (days, nights, 12 hours).
Wages: $34.24 to $49.02/hr plus 13% in lieu of benefits (9% if in HOOPP)_ONA collective agreement
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other: All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination (two doses) unless provided with a medical exemption or an accomodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
As part of our mandatory screening process, the Hospital will require professional references, verification of academic training and professional accreditation along with a current vulnerable sector screening check.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.