Senior Medical Radiation Technologist (Mammography and Xray), Full-time
Posted on: Aug 26th 2021
Job Number: 1733
Application Deadline: Sep 30th 2021
- Responsible and accountable for the provision of professional Diagnostic Imaging Services in accordance with the standards and policies set by CMRITO and SMH. This includes competent operation of Diagnostic Imaging equipment.
- Coordinate the day to day technical activities within the department in co-operation with the staff and the Director.
- Participate in the creation and revisions of policies and procedures.
- Prepare the staff schedule in co-operation with the Director.
- Support unplanned absence replacement.
- Coordinate statistical information collection.
- Responsible for quality control activities such as quality audits.
- Ensure that all Diagnostic Imaging personnel work in compliance with the OHS Act and regulations as well as CMRITO requirements
- Demonstrated ability to influence and promote change.
- Supply ordering and control.
- Coordinate HARP testing.
- Assist in staff orientation programs as necessary.
- Participate in and monitor Quality Improvement activities in Diagnostic Imaging.
- Participate in continuing education activities.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Paramedical Services by providing technical advice on equipment and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Accredited Medical Radiation Technology program required
- Registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists (CMRITO) required
- Post graduate management and or leadership courses required.
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience.
- Previous leadership preferred
- Completed the certificate in Breast Imaging with a CBIS credential.
- Experience with Mammography accreditation preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of radiation safety, Health and Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and previous experience in CT preferred.
- Mammography experience required
- Demonstrates excellent clinical skills and professional leadership capabilities with a focus on collaborative teamwork, patient flow and quality improvements
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter-professional team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients, family and staff
- Good working knowledge of Electronic Documentation
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrates ALARA principles
- As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts (days, evenings, nights).
Wages: $39.44/hr - $46.90/hr (based on experience) plus comprehensive group benefits (including HOOPP).
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to save their resume and cover letter as (Last Name, First Name_cover/resume).
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our mandatory screening process, Stevenson Memorial Hospital (SMH) will require professional references, verification of academic training, and professional accreditation along with a current vulnerable sector screening check.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.