Posted on: Sep 26th 2022
Job Number: 1631
Hours per Week: Casual Part-time
Application Deadline: Nov 25th 2022
Responsible for the provision of clinical pharmacy services for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes to improve the patients’ quality of life.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy.
- Licensed (Part A) with Ontario College of Pharmacists required.
- Membership with the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP) preferred.
- Hospital pharmacy residency or equivalent hospital pharmacy practice experience preferred.
- Six months’ current practice experience preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical skills and professional leadership capabilities with a focus on collaborative teamwork, patient flow and quality improvements.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Demonstrates excellence in written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter-professional team member in a crisis and fast paced demanding environment.
- Demonstrates a strong abilities to facilitate patient and family-centered care and establish therapeutic relationships.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for patients, family and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to the professional growth and development of self and others.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for protocol, professionalism and confidentiality.
Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
- Integrity - We adhere to the highest ethical principles
- Compassion - We respond to our patients’ needs with empathy
- Accountability - We are accountable to one another and to our community
- Respect - We embrace the diversity of our patients, staff and community
- Excellence - We support a culture of distinction
Wages: $54.03/hr - $59.11/hr (based on experience) plus 12% in lieu of benefits (or 8% if in HOOPP), Non-Union.
Hours of Work: In order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. There is the expectation that you are available to work weekdays, weekends and all shifts.
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format with position to be considered for in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other: All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination (two doses) unless provided with a medical exemption or an accomodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
As part of our mandatory screening process, the Hospital will require professional references, verification of academic training and professional accreditation along with a current vulnerable sector screening check.
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.