Temporary Part Time - COUNSELLOR/CRISIS WORKER - MENTAL HEALTH
Posted on: Sep 20th 2018
Job Number: 1229
Length of Position: Indefinately
Application Deadline: Oct 31st 2018
- Bachelors in Social Work (BSW), Registered Nurse or equivalent professional discipline.
- Masters degree in counseling or related discipline preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical practice and academically prepared and experienced in the area of crisis intervention, assessment and counseling using Brief Therapy models, CBT and Mindfulness informed therapies.
- Three to five years experience working in a Hospital based mental health setting, including crisis intervention and working with those with serious mental illness. Experience in cognitive behavioural therapy and leading groups is preferred
- Registered as a Member with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Worker or the Ontario College of Nurses or other appropriate regulatory body.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills and inter professional team work.
- Able to practice from Stevenson Memorial Hospital’s professional and organizational core competencies.
- Role models both professional and organizational core competencies.
Please submit resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that your full name and the position title is in the subject line of your email.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.