Full Time Purchasing Agent - Contract 21 months
Posted on: May 16th 2018
Job Number: 1184
Length of Position: 21 months
Application Deadline: May 28th 2018
Full Time Purchasing Agent - Contract 21 months Vacancy # 1184
The purchasing agent position is responsible for the acquisition of all supplies, equipment and services for the hospital. This includes but is not limited to supplier selection, contract negotiation, RFP participation, product standardization, capital purchasing and inventory management.
- College diploma in Business
- Purchasing Certification
- 3 years hospital experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, purchasing and inventory control software
- Meditech software experience an asset
- Sound customer service technique and practices
- Ability to communicate in a professional and articulate manner with internal and external partners at all levels both verbal and written
- Ability to remain calm and courteous while always focusing on positive outcomes to problems
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of legislation affecting purchasing and the acquisition of equipment in health care environment
Candidates are invited to send their resume, to Human Resources by 1600 hours on Monday May 28, 2018.
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.