Please Note: Working Hours are Sat. & Sun. 0900 - 1700 hours, every other weekend.
Under the direction and supervision of a registered Physician, and in accordance with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario policy on delegation, the Physician Assistant (PA) provides medical care to patients based on mutually agreed upon guidelines. Duties may include: performing certain controlled acts delegated by a physician, direct patient care, communication, medical record documentation, organizing laboratory and diagnostic investigations and counseling patients on preventive health care. This Physician Assistant (PA) position in the SMH Emergency Department is part of the expanded Physician Assistant Initiative for Ontario emergency departments.
• Current BCLS, ALCS, PALS, NALS Certification
• Completion of an accredited PA Program or equivalent
• Certified, or eligible to be certified, through the Physician Assistant's Certification Council (PACC); OR certified through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) for American educated/trained PA's
• Minimum of 5 years experience in an Emergency Department or similar setting preferred
• Membership with Canadian Association of Physician Assistants (CAPA)
Interested qualified applicants, please email your resume in word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stevenson is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (705) 435-3377 ext 3354.